Monday 16 February 2015

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Well the decision has been made, The words came out of my mouth....rather they left my brain, went out the tips of my fingers and I fb messaged a friend of mine telling her I was thinking and have been thinking about blogging for quite some time.  I should have kept my mouth shut I know; she's going to hold me accountable so that is why I am sitting here trying to think of something intelligent to say.

I guess I will start with why I have been toying with the idea of blogging.  I love words, I love books, I love stories.  I love peoples stories.  They can inspire you, they can challenge you, they can even make you go "note to self, don't ever do that!"  I love how words are so expressive and that by saying one simple word can make someones day.

I have always wanted to write, I have no idea if I would be any good at it but it's something that I have always wanted to do and I am slowly working on a book.  I digress.  Back to why I decided to blog.

The past 3 years as I entered my 40's have been a very intense, difficult, enlightening to say the least.  I have had some incredible lows, and some fantastic highs.  My 40's have been anything but boring.  I have been diagnosed with depression, SAD (seasonal affective disorder), ADHD, OCD and Anxiety.  It has been a challenge to navigate this and to sort out what this all means.  So many decisions; do I go on meds, don't I.  Do I go for counselling, do I change my diet, start exercising again?  The list seems to go on and on.

I have shared my journey with quite a few people verbally but a friend of mine who encouraged me to write this blog shared on her latest blog how how blogging was therapeutic for her.  So I have been wondering if it will be for me as well?  

My blog will be about my journey as I navigate these issues, as well as my everyday life.  I work in an elementary school with a kindergarten boy who has autism and another boy in nursery who has behavioural issues.  
My blog with also be about my faith. 
I ask that you be kind as I start this journey, that your comments be polite, that you have patience with me as I figure out this blogging thing.  It's one thing to share stuff with friends but it's a completely different story sharing it with strangers.

Who knows people may never read my entries and that's ok.  the point is that I am doing it.
So stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment