Monday 11 May 2015

I'm back!

Well it's been a really long time since I've posted anything.  I'm not sure as to why except to say that consistency is not a easy thing for me.  I am wanting to be more diligent about my blogging.  In order to do that I am realizing that I need to put myself on a schedule!  At first I was extremely resistant to the idea.  My Mum used to put us on a schedule so that she could keep a pulse on all that was happening with her kids.

I'm 43 year olds, schedules are for kids aren't they?  Well I am wrong.........for those of us with ADHD/ADD schedules are a great way to help us stay on track and to keep ourselves accountable.  It's a great way to figure out if we are doing too much that ends up overstimulating our brains or if we are not doing enough to challenge our brains.  

I am currently reading a book called "You mean I'm not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!" This book has been eye opening for me ; the authors Kate Kelly and Peggy Ramundo wrote this book for adults with ADD.

They stress the idea of learning more about ourselves as ADDer's (the name they gave us in the book).  I have been able to say so far in every chapter that I have learned something new about myself or I've said " Oh so that's why I do that!"  The authors have said how crucial a schedule is so I am going to try it and hopefully I will be more consistent in my blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment